We’re looking to hire a dedicated compliance manager. This is a new role reporting to the COFA, COLP and MLRO and the individual will have a legal background and experience of managing compliance within a law firm. A detailed knowledge of the SRA Regulations, Money Laundering Regulations, Client Care and Data Protection within law firms is essential.
Candidates applying from financial services will not be considered.
- Lead the risk and compliance function across the business providing input into business and strategic decisions from a compliance perspective
- Acting as first point of escalation for queries and working closely with other business functions including accounts and business support teams
- Provision of compliance guidance and support to firm’s team of lawyers
- Monitoring and updating of current policies and procedures
- Coordinating the file review process
- Responsibility for regular compliance updates
- Assistance with risk and compliance training including induction training for new staff
- Deputising for COLP during holiday periods
- Experience of managing risk and compliance processes within a law firm, including detailed knowledge of SRA requirements, anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing law and practice and GDPR compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work as part of team
- Uses initiative and proactively looks at ways to deliver effectively and efficiently, adding value wherever possible
- Sufficiently confident to use own judgement and exercise risk-based decisions on a daily basis
- An ability to make difficult decisions and to act as an escalation point for other members of the team
- Motivated and flexible in approach to work based on business and client demands
- Well organised and able to multitask and prioritise work when busy and to work accurately whilst under pressure
Discreet and professional approach given confidentiality of information.