Most lawyers are used to traditional work practices: long commutes to the office, late nights, high billable hours targets, lack of control and office politics, just to name a few. However, it doesn’t have to be this way.
The working world is changing to promote more flexibility and a healthier work-life balance. Have you ever considered that becoming a consultant solicitor may be your way of growing your career?
Here at Excello Law we support experienced lawyers by helping them transition to a more flexible lifestyle.
Why become a consultant solicitor?
There are many advantages to freelancing and if you choose to join Excello Law, there are extra benefits too!
- One of the primary reasons why people choose to become a consultant solicitor is the true flexibility. You are no longer restricted to long office hours – you are free to decide when and where you work.
- You have full control over your practice, with the freedom to set your own fee structure and decide who you wish to work with.
- You can devote 100% of your time to looking after your clients as Excello Law provides the full range of admin, paralegal and support services.
- You will receive fairer financial reward from the work you bring in and complete for your clients.
- If you choose to work from home, you will save time and money on your daily commute. If you choose to work in an office – permanently or hot desking – Excello Law offers a network of modern, staffed offices, created especially for consultant solicitors and equipped with everything you could need.
- You will no longer have to squeeze your life around work – you decide how you structure your day ensuring a better work-life balance.
How to become a consultant solicitor?
As a consultant solicitor working for Excello Law, we will provide you with access to modern office facilities, administrative, paralegal, marketing and IT support, finance and billing services, document management, PII & compliance, in return for a percentage of your fees billed and paid.
We also operate an incentivised referral scheme that promotes peer referrals across the firm; in fact, around 42% of the files opened by Excello lawyers came from internal referrals.
How does Excello Law support a lawyer’s transition to become a consultant solicitor?
Excello Law’s comprehensive transition and induction programmes are tailored to facilitate a smooth transition for lawyers, teams and firm moves.
Our Excello 360 business services team provides a seamless and personalised service that will ensure you can hit the ground running from day one, while it remains ‘business as usual’ for your clients.
Here’s what our transition programme covers:
- Guidance through the process of becoming a consultant solicitor.
- Access to tax advice and planning.
- Personal financial planning to enable you to transition to self-employment, for example with regard to loans and mortgages.
- IT support.
- Secretarial/ PA support.
- Systems administration: set up and training.
- Support with client/file transfers.
- Introductory PR and marketing support including personal marketing planning.
- Set-up and SEO of your personal website profile.
How do I take the first step towards becoming a consultant solicitor?
At Excello Law, our approach to recruitment is about quality not quantity. We’re looking for successful lawyers who have the experience, entrepreneurial skills and networks to reap the benefits of working in a more liberated and supportive law firm. We’d love to hear from if you’re interested in joining the Excello Law team.
Download our brochure
Take the first step towards a flexible future: download our brochure to find out more.
Arrange a call back
If you have any questions, fill in your details and we will arrange a convenient time to call you.